If you are a teacher participating in the AIM Buddy Project this is where you will find links to all the information and materials you need to learn about, introduce, train, and begin planning for implementing the AIM Buddy Project. Click on the links below to access the materials and get started.
AIM Buddy Project Educator Materials:
Educator’s Guide–The AIM Educator’s Guide walks you through the five units of AIM curriculum with step-by-step instruction and five short educator planning videos that feature teachers who have used the AIM program in their classrooms. There are two ways to access the AIM Educator’s Guide:
- Preview the complete Educator’s Guide. We recommend you preview the complete guide so you can be aware of how your partner class is preparing for their role as buddies.
- Preview the Educator’s Guide in five individual sections (1-5) to view only the sections you need for either Big Buddy or Little Buddy planning.
Teacher Videos–The five short videos, featuring teachers who took part in the AIMS pilot program.
- #1: Welcome to AIM!–Get an overview of the AIM Buddy Project from teachers who have used AIM in their classrooms. Learn about the program’s background, benefits, and components.
- #2: About the Topics–Information about the five topics and their importance in social, emotional, and character development
- #3: Pairing the Buddies–Watch teachers who have piloted the AIM program in their classrooms share successful strategies they used to pair the buddies and to help them feel comfortable with each other.
- #4: Helpful Hints–Learn tips, ideas, and advice on how to conduct a successful AIM program from teachers who have used the AIM Buddy Project in their classrooms.
- #5: Training the Buddies–Learn different strategies you can use to help students get ready for their role as a buddy partner in the AIM Buddy Project.
AIM Teacher Training Materials
- AIM Buddy Project in Action (youTube videos)–Videos of students engaging with the AIM Buddy Project during the 2014 Pilot Study program